WHAT IS NOTA?
NOTA is the National Organisation for the Treatment of Abusers, and is a registered charity. Inaugurated as a National Organisation in 1991, NOTA grew from a regional network in the North West of England. Membership is open to any professional whose work concerns intervention with sexually aggressive individuals regardless of their age, race, gender or sexual preference. With a growing multi-disciplinary membership comprised of practitioners, managers and policy makers from the public, private and voluntary sectors, NOTA is able to bring a wide variety of perspectives to intervention with sexual aggressors.
WHAT DOES NOTA DO?
NOTA works to prevent sexual aggression by:
- Providing a support network for professionals involved in work with, or related to, sexual offending through the national organisation and local branch events
- Publishing NOTA News, a regular newsletter of articles, information, news and book reviews
- Publishing a tri-annual Journal of Sexual Aggression jointly with international publishing house Taylor and Francis
- Developing and extending professional knowledge of sexual aggression, assessment and treatment methods and policy development.
- Initiating, supporting and disseminating research conducted by NOTA members and others
- Contributing to practice and policy development, nationally and regionally, through drafting and publishing guidance
- Organising an annual international professional conference
- Promoting high quality national and regional training events
- Publishing briefings and occasional papers on Policy and Practice
NOTA hosts an annual international conference to share contemporary research and practice.
The 2015 International Conference will be held at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Northwood, Dublin 16 -18 September 2015. There will be Keynote presentations and opportunity to engage in a series of workshops and other learning opportunities.
“Dublin” – It’s closer than you think
Forums coming soon
We are currently in the process of piloting a new forum area for members.
We will report progress in summer 2015
NOTA training events
NOTA deliver training events across the United Kingdom and Ireland. These are designed to support members by allowing access to high quality training at an affordable cost. The training event are hosted by local branches.EVENTS