I am delighted to invite you to the 30th annual internal NOTA Conference in Leeds! The conference this year will focus on
- The challenges of investigating, assessing, managing and reintegrating people who have committed a sexual offence.
- The prevention of sexual abuse
- Sexual abuse by gangs and criminal networks.
The keynotes are confirmed for the conference and include,
- Professor Marianne Hester (University of Bristol, UK)
- Dr Wineke Smid (Forensic Care Specialists, Netherlands)
- Professor Keith Kaufman (Portland State University, USA) & Marcus Erooga (independent safeguarding and sexual abuse consultant, UK)
- Professor Belinda Winder (Nottingham Trent University, UK)
- Lynn Saunders OBE (Governor of HMP Whatton, UK)
- Dr Craig Harper (Nottingham Trent University, UK)
- Professor Jessica Woodhams (University of Birmingham, UK)
- ….plus more to be confirmed….!!!!!!!
The NOTA Annual Conference attracts speakers and delegates from around the world, consistently drawing praise for the quality of the presentations, the warm and positive atmosphere of the event and above all the quality and usefulness of the learning that delegates take away and back into their work. There will be a range of keynotes, symposia, workshops, research presentations and interactive poster sessions along with unprecedented networking opportunities. This year we are asking you to identify the research and practice themes that your presentation will fit into in order to make the parallel sessions as streamlined and coherent as possible. In recognition of the hard work that goes into preparation, we will also be offering all presenters a discount on their conference attendance.
We are delighted to be hosting our conference in the heart of Leeds, at a venue that is right in the city centre but with unrivalled access to rail and air links.
We very much look forward to welcoming you in Leeds.
Professor Kieran McCartan
Chair, NOTA Conference Committee