Benefits of being a NOTA Member
Membership of NOTA is open to any professional whose work concerns intervention with sexually aggressive individuals, regardless of their age, race, gender, sexual preference or disability.
As a NOTA member you have access to a growing body of national and international knowledge through organisational links with overseas members and international affiliations such as the Association for the Treatment of Abusers (www.atsa.com).
There are NOTA branches across the UK and Ireland. Each branch has an elected Executive Committee that controls its own budgets and sets its own agenda for organised activities throughout the year. These activities can include both local network meetings as well as training events.
1. Affiliation with a national organisation that supports professionals and researchers working to prevent sexual violence, exploitation and abuse.
2. Increased opportunities to access, exchange ideas and experiences, collaborate with, and to learn from other professionals and researchers at local branch events, specialist regional and national training events and national conferences.
3. Networking opportunities with a diverse range of professionals and researchers working with sexual violence, exploitation and abuse in the UK and Ireland, such as those in the police, probation, prisons, social work, education, health, the third sector and universities.
4. Subscription to NOTA’s official peer-reviewed journal, The Journal of Sexual Aggression (worth £219 per year), which publishes current research developments in the field. Each of the three annual issues is posted to members’ doors + members also have access to the electronic archive of the journal via the Members-only section of the NOTA website.
5. Subscription to NOTA’s newsletter, NOTA News, which is packed with up-to-date articles, interviews, reviews and information on what’s happening in the field. Published three times a year, each new issue is posted in hard copy + members can also access the electronic archive via the Members-only section of the NOTA website.
6. Discounted places for all of our training events and conferences, including our annual national conferences which bring together experts from the UK and internationally to share research and practice evidence.
7. Discounted conference fees for the Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers (ATSA) annual conference in North America and enhanced awareness of other relevant international organisations, such as the International Association for the Treatment of Sexual Offenders (IATSO) and the Australian and New Zealand Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abuse (ANZATSA).
8. Eligibility to apply for NOTA’s annual research grant scheme, which supports research undertaken by practitioners, academics and postgraduate students working in sexual violence and abuse.
9. E-bulletins of all our local and national events. Opportunities to contribute to NOTA, a strong member-led organisation, through Annual General Meetings and local and national roles, working with others to support the membership and respond to their needs.
10. Opportunities to contribute to NOTA, a strong member-led organisation, through Annual General Meetings and local and national roles, working with others to support the membership and respond to their needs.
See our memberships below, you can join online or alternatively download the application form below. If you would like any further information please contact email@example.com
NOTA reserves the right to withhold or withdraw membership from an individual in accordance with NOTA’s Memorandum and Articles of Association and the bylaws of the Organisation. NOTA reserves the right to seek, and take up, two references for any person making an application in the absence of a recognised agency connection